A new dictionary of the Aramaic language, to be called The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon, has been in preparation by an international team of scholars since 1986, currently with headquarters at the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. This major scholarly reference work will cover all dialects and periods of ancient Aramaic, one of the principal languages of antiquity, with a literature of central importance for history and civilization, and especially for the Jewish and Christian religions.
The current web site is a tool for scholarly research. It presumes that users are already familiar with the materials they are researching.
Targum Institute – Targum.nl includes, among other resources:
- Critical Edition of Targum Samuel
- List of Modern Targum Editions
- ITTEP – International Targum Text Edition Project (Proposal)
- Targum Manuscript Database
- List of Haftarot and Torah Sections
- Standard List of Sigla
- List of Catalogues Used
- A Jewish Targum in a Christian World
- History and Origin of Targum Jonathan
- Bilingual Concordance to the Targum of the Prophets
Dictionary of Targumim, Talmud and Midrashic Literature by Marcus Jastrow (1926)